Just sent an e-mail to Mayor Jangula to show my personal support for the proposed Pedestrian/Cycling Bridge over the Courtenay River. Hope you will do the same!
From the foot of 6th Street into Simms Park. Built by our Community for our Community.
This bridge will be an asset for Downtown Courtenay and a tourist attraction for many years to come. It will also be the key link of a pedestrian/cycling network for the Comox Valley.
What can you do to help make it happen?
- Look at the website www.cvbridgeproject.com to inform yourself about the project. Register online as a supporter if you are in favor of it.
- Send emails or letters to the editor and/or the mayor (email@example.com) and council of Courtenay saying you are in support of this project. Mayor Jangula has said that he is not opposed to it but does not think there is support for it in the community.
- Consider joining the huge number of volunteers that will be required to make this happen.
- Spread the word to others and encourage them to do the same.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The CV Cycling Coalition need all the help they can get.