We are hiring!
Administrative and Webwork Assistant
Exciting news from the team at Pod Creative. We have been going full tilt for the past year and we’re ready to add the next member to our team.
Both of us are dedicated to providing our clients with consistent down-to-earth, reliable web services that allow them to grow and improve their own business or organization. Have a look at the job description below, and if you feel that you’re a good fit, get in touch via the form at the bottom of this page.
Pod Creative is a growing small business focused on providing ongoing web development services and social media services at reasonable rates to other small businesses and community organizations. We are looking to train and hire an Administrative and Webwork Assistant to help deal with the workload and expand our creative team.
The Administrative and Webwork Assistant position is a new full time position within our organisation that will report to the Owner and work with our current staff. The Administrative and Webwork Assistant will:
- carry out office administration tasks
- update and maintain websites and other social media elements under the direction and guidance of the Owner and senior staff
- Answer phones and emails and direct them appropriately
- Blog for Pod Creative on relevant topics approved by the Owner
- Manage Pod Creative’s newsletter
- Create and maintain records in the following areas as directed
- clients and projects
- time tracking
- Use online web development and social media applications as specified by Pod Creative, such as HTML, CSS, PHP, WordPress, Freshbooks, Facebook. Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox, the Google suite, etc…
- domain and or hosting set up or migrations
- establishing social media channels e.g. Youtube channel etc…
- website/webpage updating and maintaining
- posting to websites and other social media elements
- reporting on progress to the Owner and/or senior staff
- project timelines
- liaising with staff or volunteers doing media releases and updates
- Become familiar with and follow Pod Creative’s Website and Social Media Best Practices
- Be trained in and manage:
- Market Pod Creative’s services and build our client base
- When requested document Pod Creative’s policies and procedures
- Attend staff meetings
- Continue professional development and stay up-to-date with online social media tools and resources
The Administrative and Webwork Assistant will ideally:
- work well independently while being part of a team
- be comfortable working on a computer with online applications
- be familiar with current online trends including web development and social media tools
- be able to manage time in a busy environment
- be a creative problem solver
- be willing to learn and can pick things up quickly
- be comfortable talking to clients
- have a driver’s license (having a car is a bonus)
This position is for 35 hr/week. The successful candidate will work at Pod Creative’s office located at 4040 Marsden Road for the bulk of this time, however, they will be required to attend certain meetings and networking events offsite. Work hours and schedule to be determined by the candidate and Pod Creative. The office is equipped with the necessary tools for website and social media development.
The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $17/hour plus EI, CPP and vacation pay in partnership with the Wage Subsidy Program. Statutory Holidays will be paid, however, staff are requested not to work on Statutory Holidays.